Dear Parents and Caregivers
Term 3 is traditionally one of the busiest terms of the year and this year is no different! As a snapshot, we will be engaged in the following events over the next 6 weeks:
- Science Week: lots of fun Science activities and soup making,
- Book Week, which includes the much loved Dress Up Parade on Monday Aug 23, excursions to the library Aug 16 and 24,
- One Big Voice Choir Festival Friday night Aug 20,
- Faction Athletics carnival activities: Jumps and Throws Tuesday Aug 24 and the main event Thursday Aug 26,
- Swimming lessons at Aquamotion for PP – Year 5 Aug 30 through to Sept 10,
- Interschool athletics in Week 9,
- Learning Journey and the P&C Disco in Week 10.
In amongst this, I am delighted to have my first Woodvale PS Board meeting on Tuesday night Aug 17. It will be a very busy agenda, discussing items such as:
- Class Placement Policy
- Code of Conduct
- Business Plan review
- Faction names
- Board member tenures
- 2022 planning
If you know that your child will NOT be returning in 2022, please let the front office know. This does not include our current Year 6 students; we know you’re leaving to the big world of high school! Having accurate numbers assist us with planning class structures, the number of classes, and therefore the number of class teachers.
Parents entering school grounds during school hours
If your child has an appointment during school hours, please could all parents ensure they come via the front office as the FIRST port of call when coming to school during school hours. You are required to sign your child out and take the card to the class teacher. If volunteering, you are required to sign in each time.
Children’s crossing Timberlane Dr & Keatley Crescent
Good news! I have heard from the Road Safety Officer at the City of Joondalup. They have been given approval by Main Roads to install the bollards and line marking required. No date has been set. I will inform you when more information follows.
Apologies I missed the assembly yesterday. I hear the Year 3 A5 students were magnificent! I look forward to seeing many parents at the assembly next Thursday Aug 19 for Year 3 A6. I will load yesterday’s merit award winners next week.
And I have to say it on the eve of the Western Derby…Go Eagles!